Why Virginia is Toast

I pretty much stopped blogging about politics a while back because it got so depressing for me. The downward spiral I see our country in has only been slightly slowed by the Trump presidency and actually has been exacerbated by the Democrats complete abandonment of even the facade of believing in democratic government (and their sanity as well, but that’s another story).

The disgusting precedents they’ve set in resisting Trump and attempting to undo an election just because they didn’t like the outcome do not portend well for the peaceful transfer and exercise of power after future elections. Not only have they proven that they will not allow an administration they don’t approve of to function, but they’ve opened the door for Republicans to retaliate in kind.

I simply don’t see these developments as conducive to a stable, prosperous nation.

With that said, I reach the subject of this post. I’ve been saying for years that Virginia is on an unstoppable trajectory to become the next California with unassailable liberal majorities at all levels of government and no possible path for recovery.

I’m sure everyone is aware of the current controversy surrounding the Democrats finally wresting control of the state legislature from the Republicans, Governor Blackface’s immediate pledge to turn a good majority of the the rural population of the state into instant criminals, and the resulting “2nd Amendment Sanctuary” backlash.

If not, do some googling, I’ll wait…

…back? OK.

So, today I stumbled across this story and one particular thing in it really jumped out at me:

Virginia gun owners in just 43 days have pushed 90% of the state’s counties [containing 40% of the population] to become gun “sanctuaries,”

This is actually an excerpt from another article quoted from the Washington Examiner but the part in brackets was added by the author of the Bongino piece. It’s that part in brackets that really caught my eye:

90% of the area of the state contains only 40% of the population.

Here’s the map of 2nd Amendment Sanctuary status

(Image from and linked to GunrightsWatch.com)

All of that green makes up only 40% of the population. The remaining 60% lives in the urban sprawl of Northern Virginia, the Richmond area and some parts of Hampton Roads.

That’s why Virginia is toast.

The part of the population living in the most dense urban areas of the state can outvote the other 90% of the state every time. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if the part of the population living in those urban areas were satisfied with living their own lives and leaving the rest of the state alone, but that’s not the way it is. Urban liberals not only accept the government micro-managing every aspect of their lives but actually want it to do so and simply can’t abide knowing that someone else, somewhere else, is not living by their standards…and now these are the people who get to make up the rules for the rest of the state.

And it’s only going to get worse. As the liberal government starts encouraging illegal immigrants to come to Virginia, starts raising taxes on the successful to fund their utopian redistribution schemes, clamps down on the freedoms of normal Americans two things are going to happen: the numbers of liberals are going to continue to increase, while at the same time conservatives and successful business owners are going to flee. It’s not going to happen overnight, but I believe at this point it’s inevitable. Virginia’s economy is going to begin a long, slow decline that may never end. Unfortunately, Virginia doesn’t have a Hollywood or Silicon Valley full of liberal billionaires to prop up the utopian liberal fantasies like California so the end is pretty much a foregone conclusion. I don’t believe the masses of drones in Northern Virginia who survive by sucking off the teat of the American Taxpayers is nearly enough to keep the economy afloat in the face of dedicated liberal economic destruction.

So the question just becomes: Will the decline be slow enough that I can bide my time and wait until retirement before evacuating? Or should I start looking for a job in Free America now?

I really like my job and the company I work for so I’m in “wait and see” mode right now. Maybe Governor Blackface and his merry crew of utopians will see the light and slow down enough for me to make a graceful exit a few years down the road rather than having to abandon ship before I’m really ready to.

As with all other things…time will tell.

1 thought on “Why Virginia is Toast

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.