In M1 Carbine Part 2, we disassembled the M1 Carbine into its major groups.
In M1 Carbine Part 3, we disassembled the Trigger Housing Assembly into its individual components.
In M1 Carbine Part 4, we disassembled the bolt without using the M1 Carbine Bolt Tool (don’t try this at home kiddies).
In M1 Carbine Part 5, we removed the components from the stock and receiver that were necessary to remove for inspection and discussed those items not removed.
In M1 Carbine Part 6, we examined the component markings and determined whether the parts are correct for the period and manufacturer.
In M1 Carbine Part 7, we reassembled the trigger housing group.
In M1 Carbine Part 8, we reassembled the bolt without the benefit of an M1 Carbine bolt tool.
This time, we’re going to reassemble the few components that we removed from the stock and receiver, then the debut of my new video “Reassembly of M1 Carbine Major Groups.”
I removed them using nothing more than a punch and hammer and a pair of pliers. By the time I got to the point of reassembling them, I had received my handy-dandy Piston Nut Wrench from the CMP E-store. They don’t seem to carry them any more but they can still be had at Numrich Gun Parts.
The only things removed from the stock were the butt plate and the recoil plate and screw.
The buttplate is pretty self-explanatory…pop it on and install the screw.
That’s it. As was mentioned during disassembly, there are other components on the stock/receiver that can be removed, but not easily and removal should only be performed for repair/replacement of those items. They didn’t need to be removed for inspection and, so, they weren’t.
Finally. The moment we’ve all been waiting for. We disassembled the carbine into its major groups, disassembled, cleaned and inspected the components in those major groups and then reassembled the major group components.
Now to reassemble the major groups into a working rifle. I’m proud to present Lone Sailor Productions first video feature: M1 Carbine assembly:
[Update] The original video’s audio was very low and hard to hear. I updated the video with a voiceover of the audio descriptions. The below video was changed to the new version. [/Update]
Drum roll please…