I finally finished getting all my videos hosted locally and I reformatted the posts that had some image alignment issues.
If anyone happens to stumble across any posts that the images don’t seem to be aligned with the text properly, please let me know so I can fix them.
I used SQL queries to fix some idiosyncrasies introduced by importing the images from Blogger and to change all internal links from the old blog url to the new one.
Once I figured out the queries to use, it was cake.
All that’s left is to finish recreating the blogroll (which has been slow going as you can probably tell) and delete all my google accounts and the transition will be complete.
I was originally planning on deleting my Google accounts at the end of March, but Google’s new Lack Of Privacy policies go into effect on March 1, so I think I’m going to pull the plug tomorrow. I’m actually a bit surprised that I got it all done this quickly. Considering that I’d been blogging on blogger for almost 6 years, and the sheet quantity of posts, images and links I have up, I really thought it was going to take longer to get everything done.
Anyway…as of tomorrow, I cut the Google apron strings.
I hope that was enough time for people to update links and blogrolls and such. I was expecting to lose some readership over this, but if I ever get off my duff and start posting regularly again, It’ll build back up. If you write it they will come.
Anyway, just wanted to give an update. The way work’s been going lately, the only blog time I’ve had has been spent on this transition. I’m still hoping to get back to blogging more after I get all this done.