Many thanks to commenter Greg for pointing me to a wordpress plugin to help with importing images from blogger. That one got the bulk of them…but then stopped working.
I had something like 125 posts with about 400 images left and I found another plugin that got some more of them. I finally hit a wall and had to do about 85 images in 25 or so posts by hand. I think I figured out what the problem was with the last of them right as I was finishing up, but I’ve gotten all of the blogger hosted images moved over now.
I’ve been downloading the 25 or so videos I have hosted on youtube so I can get them hosted here too…or maybe vimeo or photobucket…I haven’t decided yet, but after this fiasco, I’m a little leery about trusting them to be hosted by a third party.
I backed up the site today because the next major change is going to be to try to get all of the internal links to old blogger posts to point to the new posts over here, and that entails changing the permalinks for them all and doing some coding in the .htaccess file.
If that doesn’t work, I’ll have to try to fix all those links by hand…another daunting task.
So…I’ve still got a long road to go, but I’m getting there.
Thanks for your patience.